- Vietnamese American Bar Association of Northern California 2013 Scholarship: VABANC is pleased to announce that it is now accepting applications for its 2013 Scholarship Awards. VABANC has historically recognized students who have demonstrated a commitment to serving the needs of the Vietnamese-American or Vietnamese community by awarding 2 scholarships of at least $1,000 each. The award amount may increase based on fundraising, and priority will be given to those who have demonstrated a commitment to serving the Vietnamese-American or Vietnamese community in Northern California and to those who will be using the scholarship award towards public interest or social justice work, either by pursuing post-graduate work or for a summer position. Open to all currently enrolled law students, the scholarships are intended to provide assistance to students toward their public interest or social justice goals. The 2013 scholarship recipient(s) will be recognized at VABANC's annual scholarship dinner on September 27, 2013, at the University Club in Palo Alto. Attendance at the scholarship dinner is mandatory and conditional to the award. Scholarship applications must be submitted by Sunday, June 30, 2013, at 11:59pm. For the application, click here.
- APABA-SV Invites You To Attend: When Judges Cross the Line Tuesday May 21st. When does judicial personality cross the line and become a failure to be patient, dignified and courteous within the meaning of the Code of Judicial Ethics? What happens if a judge displays bias based on race, gender or sexual orientation? When does courtroom control become an ethics issue? Can a judge's legal error ever be misconduct too? Curious?! APABA-SV cordially invites you to come to this event and find out! Geared to litigators and trial attorneys, members of the Commission on Judicial Performance discuss where the lines have been drawn, in case law and judicial disciplinary decisions. Speakers: Judge Erica Yew, Vice-Chair of the Commission on Judicial Performance, Nanci Nishimaru, Commission Member, Victoria Henley, Director-Chief Counsel Details: Tuesday May 21, 6-8 PM, at Cooley LLP, 3175 Hanover Street, Palo Alto, CA. MCLE: 1.5 hours of MCLE general credit will be available. RSVP: Please RSVP to: email@example.com
- The Vietnamese American Roundtable invites you to join us and the larger Vietnamese American community for the 38th Black April Commemoration on Tuesday, April 30, 2013 at 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. at the San Jose City Hall Rotunda, 200 E. Santa Clara Street, San Jose, CA 95113. For more information, click here
- VABAW is pleased to offer a summer clerkship through our Hồng Đức Clerkship Program. This year’s recipent will be VABAW’s 5th Hồng Đức Clerk. The clerk will be working at Hogan Lovell in Ho Chi Minh City in summer 2013. VABAW’s Hồng Đức Clerkship awards one law student full funding for airfare, lodging, and daily stipend for the summer clerkship. For more information, click here
- Are you an unemployed or underemployed recent law school grad? BASF wants to help you. For more information, please go to our Job page.
- Congratulations to the 2013 VABANC Board!
President: Dorothy Tran
Vice President: Hoang-chi Truong
Secretary: Minh-Chau Nguyen
Treasurer: Duyen Nguyen
- The Bar Association of San Francisco (BASF) has selected former VABANC President Quyen Ta as one of its 2012 Award of Merit recipients for her significant contributions to BASF as Co-Chair of the Equality Committee. For more information, please click here.