- We are excited to announce that the VABANC Law Foundation will be awarding a fellowship to a fourth public interest fellow this year. We will be providing $50,000 this year for the chosen recipient and host organization. The deadline for submitting an application is December 6, 2013. Download the application here: 2013 VABANC Fellowship Application
- The Dale Minami Public Interest Fellowship was created in 2007 to provide fellowship awards to Berkeley Law (Boalt Hall) alumni who have shown a strong commitment to serving the public interest. This year's award will be $10,000. Minami Fellows are selected for their diverse backgrounds, record of exceptional academic and professional accomplishment, leadership in community service, and commitment to social justice and public interest work. The award can be used to supplement annual income or used toward bar exam preparation expenses. Priority will be given to applicants who have worked with the Asian American Pacific Islander community. Individuals working in any range of public interest jobs, including government work, are invited to apply.The Fellowship recipient will be honored at our annual Dale Minami Public Interest Fellowship Dinner, which will take place on Friday, January 24, 2014 in San Francisco, CA.All application materials must be completed and received by 6:00 PM on Monday, December 30, 2013. Download the application here. Please e-mail applications to: email@example.com
- Congratulations to the 2013 VABANC Board!
President: Dorothy Tran
Vice President: Hoang-chi Truong
Secretary: Minh-Chau Nguyen
Treasurer: Duyen Nguyen
- November 5 & 12, 2013: Clearing A Criminal Record | Come learn the law and procedure involved in clearing a criminal record. Hear about how the San José State University Record Clearance Project works with individuals to help clear their criminal records. | Nov 5, 6:30 – 8:30 p.m. Santee Community Center 1535 Santee Drive, San José | Nov 12, 6:00 – 7:30 p.m. CASA Student Success Center 533 MacQuarrie Hall (Fifth Floor) San José State University Campus (Map: www.sjsu.edu/maps/)
- November 18, 2013: Farewell Retirement Dinner for Judge John Nho Trong Nguyen | Please join OCAABA along with 14 other organizations as we host the Farewell Retirement Dinner for Judge John Nho Trong Nguyen | Westin South Coast Plaza| Reception 5:30 p.m. ~ Dinner 6:30 p.m.| Master of Ceremonies: OCBA Past Presidents, Joseph L. Chairez and Jennifer L. Keller | Register
We are proud of our dedicated attorneys and law students who have joined forces to organize pro bono legal clinics serving underresourced communities.
Clinics sponsored by VABANC and the Alameda County Bar Association Volunteer Legal Services Corporation (VLSC) are held on the 2nd Tuesday of each month from 5:30pm to 7pm at the Oakland Library's Asian Branch in Oakland Chinatown at 388 9th Street, # 190. Please click here to see the English flyer.
Our collaboration with Katharine & George Alexander Community Law Center (KGACLC) enables us to provide pro bono legal clinics in San Jose, CA. English flyer. Vietnamese flyer.
Please assist us in publicizing these clinics by forwarding the above flyers to your contacts.
Interested lawyers, law students, and interpreters are invited to join us in providing these free legal services. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to volunteer your time or make a contribution. Those seeking assistance may call (408) 512-3818 to schedule an appointment.