Do you have a job posting? Please contact us at email@example.com.
Date Posted: April 26, 2013
HUMAN RIGHTS LAWYER POSITION IN THE PHILIPPINES
VOICE is seeking a lawyer who is passionate about human rights and social justice to volunteer in its office in Manila to:
• Coordinate our Civil Society Development internship program;
• Use legal skills to draft briefs and reports regarding human rights abuses to be submitted to a variety of international bodies;
• Assist with social justice projects (such as grant applications and liaising with NGOs and INGOs); and
• Draft and collate refugee resettlement applications for stateless Vietnamese refugees in the Philippines, Thailand and Cambodia.Essential minimum requirements:Law degree and minimum of two years work experience in a relevant field
• Strong commitment to human rights protection and social justice;
• Well developed legal skills (especially in advocacy, drafting and research);• Well developed communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills;
• Ability to work and take initiative, independently and in a team;• Good management and organisational skills; and
• Adaptability and flexibility to live and work with a small team.
Location: Manila, Philippines
Start Date: ASAP
Duration: 12 Months
Benefits: Food, accommodation, work-related expenses and local salary
For more information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Date Posted: April 8, 2013
Assistant / Associate General Counsel, Intellectual Property Litigation
Job Location US-CA-San Bruno
Walmart Global eCommerce
Please submit Resumes to: SVanberkum@walmart.com
This position involves the active management of intellectual property litigation and claims for Walmart Global ECommerce. The candidate will manage lawsuits and third party disputes involving intellectual property issues, and will focus primarily on patent disputes. This position, however, may include the supervision of other disputes related to IP licensing, trademark, copyright, trade secrets, and open source issues.
The ideal candidate will take an active role in litigation and third party disputes, be able to determine and provide effective dispute resolution strategies (whether that is litigation, settlement, or trial). The candidate will also be working closely with outside counsel, internal business and legal stakeholders to manage litigation/claim matters, will review pleadings, discovery requests and responses, and motions. He or she will attend depositions, mediations, settlement conferences, and hearings. He or she will develop sophisticated litigation strategies, understand the current state of the law, related industries, and will be frequently communicating with business clients and legal management about such strategies. The candidate will take into account accurate cost/benefits analysis of each litigation dispute and will actively be involved in the budgeting process and will be responsible for presenting the cases and making recommendations at internal stakeholder meetings. The candidate will also participate in relevant IP industry organizations, educate members of worldwide IP legal team regarding litigation and dispute management best practices, and will handle special assignments as requested by legal department management.
- Juris Doctorate Degree
- Member in good standing with the California bar
- Excellent academic credentials
- Licensed attorney with 8+ years of IP litigation experience
- Law and Motion and Markman experience required. Trial experience in some or all of the following jurisdictions preferred: E.D. Tex, N.D. Cal., Dist. Del., and ITC.
- Ideal candidate will have at least 5+ years of relevant experience at a top litigation firm; Previous high tech in-house experience a plus.
- Technical undergraduate or graduate degree a significant plus (BS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Math, Physics). But technical degree not required if the candidate has significant IP/patent litigation experience.
- USPTO admission is a big plus
- Excellent presentation, analytical and people skills
- Strong work ethic and sound legal judgment
- Proven ability to analyze and predict costs associated with significant IP litigation
- Ability to work independently to formulate and drive execution of legal strategies, including the ability to develop effective working relationships with business leaders across the company
- Foreign language skills valuable, but not required
- Experience with ecommerce industry
Date Posted: January 16, 2013
Are you an unemployed or underemployed recent law school grad? The Bar Association of San Francisco (BASF) wants to help you. Learn about BASF’s Mind the Gap Initiative. The goal of the initiative is to provide recent law school graduates who are unemployed or underemployed with training, work experience, mentorship and debt reduction information.
This initiative will consist of five key components.
1. TRAINING: Valuable practical/lawyering skills training, as well as training and information regarding starting your own practice
2. EXPERIENCE: Hands on experience with BASF's Volunteer Legal Services Program (VLSP) case work
3. MENTORING: Mentoring from VLSP staff attorneys and other volunteers, including alumni networks
4. CONNECTIONS: Assist participants with networking and connecting with firms for potential contract or other legal positions
5. DEBT REDUCTION: Provide debt reduction information and seminars
Send an email to email@example.com if you are an unemployed/underemployed attorney and would like to take advantage of this resource.
Date Posted: October 1, 2012
McKesson’s well regarded Corporate Legal Department is seeking an attorney to provide legal services as the primary counsel for McKesson’s Macro Helix. Macro Helix helps hospitals and health care systems improve the operational and financial performance of their pharmacy service offerings. Their solutions help clients reduce drug costs, enhance reimbursements and facilitate compliance with federal and state regulations. Primary responsibilities will include providing contract and regulatory support for Macro Helix, and supporting other 340B strategic initiatives.
To be considered candidates must exhibit:
- Good commercial contract drafting and negotiation skills - Good depth of legal knowledge that allows for expeditious problem identification and resolution - Good business acumen dealing with risk management and organizational savvy- Good interpersonal skills with an ability to provide sound, clear legal advice to clients- Ability to manage simultaneous projects in an efficient and timely manner- Flexibility and willingness to work on a broad variety of legal matters. - Good verbal and written communication skills and attention to detail - Ability to travel to Atlanta, Georgia where Macro Helix is headquartered 25-35% of the year. Actual travel needs may be less depending on individual’s ability to provide effective legal support from McKesson’s San Francisco headquarters.
Minimum Requirements - 4-6 years of experience.
Additional Knowledge & Skills - Candidates with experience in the following areas will be strongly considered: - software and technology licensing - healthcare regulations, including 340b - HIPAA and state privacy laws- Blend of law firm and in-house experience preferred
Education Juris Doctor degree with excellent academic credentials. Member of the California Bar in good standing.
Company Statement McKesson offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.
McKesson is everywhere in healthcare. We offer a wealth of opportunity for individuals with a desire to make a difference in providing industry-leading, integrated healthcare services and solutions. Individuals with the passion to be a part of our entire continuum of patient-focused care. It's you and McKesson - empowering healthcare. Visit www.mckesson.com/careers for more information.
As an equal opportunity employer, McKesson Corporation unites the talents and contributions of all to advance the power of healthcare.
Disclaimer: VABANC does not make any guarantee the accurateness of the above postings. Please contact the employer directly for additional information.